Saturday, 26 December 2009

I loved Avatar

There I said it: I LOVED AVATAR! The public liked it, yet they can't get over the story and how terrible it was. I won't defend it because it was a pretty standard story that was predictable to the end, but I wasn't there for the story. I won't spoil anything for you but if you've seen Last of the Mohicans or Dance With Wolves then its that. Not a bad story just not very original. What I was excited about was Cameron back doing Sci-fi -watch aliens- where he belongs.

If you knew anything about this movie you know that Cameron has been making this movie for about 12 years now; he developed the technology for it! By god does it pay off though. The CGI in this film will blow your mind; I didn't even see it in 3D. That's on my to do list for the new year. That's right you heard correctly, I am going to see this movie again because it was porn for the eyes. What does this mean for future films? JC has set the bar high with Avatar. Michael Bay I hope you're paying attention after the travesty of Transformers 2 because this is how you do CGI. Even new comers are finding better ways to create special effects, just watch this District 9 trailer to see what I mean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6PDlMggROA

If you've not seen Avatar or District 9 go rent it, buy it, borrow it or steal it. Just watch them


1 comment:

  1. when it comes to effective use of CGI you just gotta watch 'ataque de panico'. id like to see micheal bay make 5 minutes of film at that quality and for only $300.

    AVATAR is AWE-INSPIRING, like Tron before it the story isnt great but they both push CGI to its extremes, to the next stage

    ReplyDelete